Grants & Awards
- I-CORE in Algorithms Postdoctoral Fellowship of the Israeli Council for Higher Education (CHE) and the Israel Science Foundation (ISF)
- IEEE Outstanding Paper Award
- several university awards for excellence in research — including two Dean’s List awards (Ben-Gurion University, 2014; Weizmann Institute of Science, 2016)
- Three HUMIE Awards — Human-Competitive Results Produced by Genetic and Evolutionary Computation (Gold, 2013; Gold, 2011; Bronze, 2009).
- My work on evolving solvers for combinatorial games, has been recognized by the philosopher Dr. Nick Bostrom as one of the most important achievements of AI in games. The work was placed next to other famous achievements, such as the win Deep Blue over Kasparov and the win of IBM’s Watson in Jeopardy!